Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words – Rei which means “God’s Wisdom or the Higher Power” and Ki which is “life force energy” or we could say it is actually “spiritually guided life force energy.”
I am a trained Reiki Practitioner and have been since 1993. I have received Level One and Level Two initiations from Reiki Masters in Canada and the USA.
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by “laying on hands” and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
While Reiki is spiritual in nature, it is not a religion. It has no dogma, and there is nothing you must believe in order to learn and use Reiki.
The Five Reiki Precepts
- Just for today do not worry.
- Just for today do not anger.
- Just for today honour your parents, teachers and elders.
- Just for today earn your living honestly.
- Just for today show gratitude to every living thing.
Reported Benefits from Reiki treatments include:
There are many reported benefits to having a Reiki treatment such as:
- better sleep
- increased energy levels
- reduced stress
- boosted the immune system
- feeling more relaxed
- enhanced self confidence and self esteem
- assisting in the healing of injuries
- benefits chronic and acute medical conditions
- helps to maintain a healthy mind and body.
- improvement when faced with health challenges
- pain relief
- help during times of major change
- comfort in times of bereavement and with the grieving process
- accelerated healing process after surgery
- assisted in the healing of orthopaedic injuries
- overcoming fears
- feeling and being pampered
Reiki complements conventional medicine and other complementary therapies