I have been a Reiki Practitioner since 1993.
I have received traditional, direct, one-on-one Reiki initiations from Reiki Masters in Canada and the USA in two systems of Reiki, namely:
- the Usui System of Natural Healing with Master Dee Millard (I & II) and Master Anita Levin (I);
- Komyo ReikiDo with (Master James Wells (I – Shoden).
What does the word Reiki mean?
The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words:
- Rei – which means “God’s Wisdom or the Higher Power”, and
- Ki – which is “life force energy”.
We could say that Reiki is “spiritually guided life force energy.”
Laying on of hands
As mentioned above, Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is typically administered by an Initiated Practitioner placing their hands – “laying on hands” – on various locations on a recipients’s body, and is based on the fact that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive.
If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
While Reiki is spiritual in nature, it is not a religion. It has no dogma, and there is nothing you must believe in order to learn and use Reiki.
Master Mikao Usui
Reiki, developed in Japan by Master Mikao Usui, is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing that is administered by “the laying on of hands”.
- The Five Reiki Precepts
- Reported Benefits from Reiki Treatments
- Typical Reiki Treatment-Session
- Book Reiki Treatment Sessions
- Montreal Location
Available for download from:
Barnes & Noble, Inktera,
Kobo Books, OverDrive, & Scribd